Tuesday 16 June 2015

Sony E3 show thoughts

Xbox one may have backwards compatibility now, but I think I was a little more impressed with Sony's conference this year, there were a lot more games that interested me at the show. Lets start with No Man's Sky, a game I'm fascinated by; it sounds really cool, but I don't know how reality can possibly be on par with concept in that game, an entire fully explorable universe with trillions of planets, how is that possible. It really interests me that that means there are some planets that will never be found, or some planets that only a few people find, or even 1 person, what if I found an uncharted planet that no one else ever sees, Planet Llama I shall name it, haha. It also has space combat and ground combat which both look fun. My concern is it's size, sure there are trillions of planets, but will they all be diverse enough to be worth exploring, or will they just be copies of each other with minor differences like grass colour or tree colour. I have 2 friends with the same name, 1 is on PS4, the other is still on 360 but plans to upgrade to One sometime before Christmas, the xbox friend will be pissed at me for sure, because I'm getting Blops 3 on PS4, I can play co op zombies, multiplayer, and co op campaign. Co op is something me and the PS4 friend do a lot, and DLC on Blops 3 will be timed exclusive on PS4, which is surprising to say the least, given that CoD DLC is usually timed exclusive on Xbox, Zombies, here I come. Also, gameplay wise, it has jump packs, looks like it runs on a fuel system so as to not be over used, wall running is a lot more prominent than I first thought, and teleportation is a thing, yeah, that's when I scratched my head and thought the hover bikes in Advanced Warfare were actually kind of believable. At least I'm interested in Blops 3 now.

This will sound awful to a lot of people, but the Last Guardian doesn't interest me, I thought the Griffin in it was just adorable but I guess the Last Guardian isn't aiming for the kind of gamer that likes Serious Sam. The studio behind Killzone has a new game, which does interest me. An action game called Horizon set in a new world after the fall of a mighty civilization, here's the fascinating bit, that mighty civilization was us, boom, you have my attention. the game kind of lost me a bit at the machine part, but the idea of a story set post societal collapse really intrigue me, and the combat looks fun, so lets wait and see, it reminds me of that core game from the Microsoft conference, it's interesting, but lets se how it goes. And Uncharted 4, zoinks, Uncharted 4 is going to be incredible, it can't not be, a follow up to the excellent Uncharted trilogy, being brought to us by one of the best teams in the industry, it has to be incredible. The demo had the same high octane action the series is known for, as well as the snappy writing, and drop dead gorgeous graphics, if it's the last Uncharted we get, I'm confident the series is going out with a bang, and I'm really excited to see what Naughty Dog does next. But like the Microsoft conference, there were a lot of things on show that I was apathetic to, Final Fantasy being one of them, Hitman being another, that dream game, looks funky, but meh, and their new VR system. Maybe it's something that has to be experienced, but I just don't care about VR, just like I don't care about motion controls, I know, I'm a dinosaur, but it's my preference.

I think that the Sony and Microsoft shows this E3 were both pretty sweet, I saw some games I liked, saw some other's I'm meh about, and at least not all of the games get 2016 releases, just most of them, god dammit. Oh well, Arkham Knight comes out next week, so we have that.

1 comment:

  1. I see you've improved your grammar, very good, cannot be overstated how important that is.

    What did you make of Shenmue 3?

    ReplyDelete