Monday 15 June 2015

Microsoft E3 show thoughts

Well, that was a cute intro.
Now lets get to what we want to see. Halo 5 looks awesome, it has really good gameplay demo, and the squad mechanic doesn't look as clumsy as I thought. the game also looks much more large scale, with a big run away from the falling building section. the grunts can talk English again, which is awesome, because now we can laugh at them again. there are some new vehicles by the look of it, a weird forerunner flying vehicle that we saw in mega bloks form at toy fair, and now we see in the game, and it looks controllable too, which will be interesting. there's a new covenant grenade launcher, meh, I suppose it could be cool. let's talk abut what interested me. there's new Prometheans, a new soldier class, that can also speak English, but more that, I'm not following Halo 5 like I was for Halo 4, what is that Promethean at the end, he's big, he talks civilised, and he seems a bit evil, so I guess he's the villain, and he is the ancient threat Master Chief is trying to save the galaxy from. He looks cool, but he doesn't look forerunner like the Didact, he has a fucked up skull face made of hard light, I'm interested in  him more than anything else in the demo.

there were a few games that caught my attention, like that Rare pirate game I don't remember the name of. an announcement for PVZ garden warfare2, which will no doubt be just as if not more of a blast than the first. that core game looked sort of interesting, but announcement trailers usually don't interest me, there's never enough game to really excite me, and aside from sequels and that pirate game, I always need more to get me really interested. Kind of where the Gears of War 4 reveal disappointed me, there was very little in it, and it didn't interest me, it needed more in my opinion. The announcement of gears ultimate edition wasn't a surprise, as I'm sure it wasn't for anyone. Tomb raider looks like what I thought Tomb raider would look like, which is good, but not mind blowing, and I didn't feel it was, cinematic rock climbing isn't as cool it was in the last Tomb Raider. There were some other games but they're kind of drowned out by in my opinion the biggest announcement of the show.

And that big announcement, backwards compatibility is coming to Xbox One. hell yes, oh hell yes. OH HELL YES! it's not every game on 360, but I think downloadable titles are going first, and retails will be added periodically, just pop in the disk, unfortunately there is a little install, then away you go. that is awesome because A it means all of the games I love can be on 1 system and B I don't have to put up with my dying old Xbox 360 who I have to punch to get the disk drive open, yeah, it's in a bit of a state. let's see, Far Cry 3, Dead space, Bioshock, Fall of Cybertron, the Gears games, Halo reach, Halo wars, Red dead, Blops, my Xbox one has just received a boost in love from me, or at least when they implement this, and I can't wait. so, there are my thoughts on the Microsoft show at E3, I know I've missed stuff, but I've noted what I liked, though it makes me think, what will become f my xbox 360. probably the same fate as my ps2, wii, xbox and gamecube, it will probably be crammed into a cupboard, tough I'll probably cram it with a bit more care than the others, given how much fun we have had over the years. a toast, to the future, long live my dying old Xbox 360. God I can't wait for the PlayStation show, and I'm now really amped for the rest of E3, it's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment