Sunday 29 November 2015

Hell of a day

It was also a pretty tiring day, which is why I'm posting about it the day after. Yesterday was a good day, me and a friend went up Hanley with the goal of completing the bulk of at least my Christmas shopping, it actually makes me feel like a bit of a Dick when he buys a little paper bag's worth of stuff and I nab the enormous haul to see pictured. First something funny, I fell over before we left, I, being the fool I am, was still dancing like an idiot when I tripped over my own feet, kid you not, it was embarrassing. That said, it's probably the least painful fall I've ever had, I was down for about 2 seconds, on my back laughing at myself and then I was back up, didn't really hurt at all, much better than my last fall, when I could barely walk for a few hours. Guess I was in too good of a mood to let it hurt, after all, I was dancing already. While we were up Hanley we had a few great conversations, like how I have only been on Facebook for a week and I've already been in an argument with a feminist, and how I'm finally getting over my anxiety and talking to people at work, and given how long it's been since we'd hung out, we just talked about how we've been doing. Like I say, he didn't get much, which does make me feel like a dick, because I spent a stupid amount of money, I guess it was my money that I earned myself, but I doubt I'll be seeing that bank card again for a while, good thing then that there isn't really a lot of Christmas shopping I need to do now, and I got myself enough crap to suppress my materialistic urges for quite a while.

From left to right we have Spartan Locke from Halo 5, a figure I'll be doing a review on sometime this week, a little toy Dalek, which I thought was just a little toy until I took it out of the box and saw what it really does, he has a motor inside him that makes him move around on flats surfaces, I bought him because they wouldn't let me buy a poster, but I'm really happy with him. Then we have more blu rays, can't ever have enough of them, even if you've already got them on DVD, why not upgrade. Then finally we have the thing I'm most pleased with, a NECA Godzilla figure based on the suit used in the original 1954 film, I'll be doing a review on him also, but if you want a short version, he's awesome. Finally we have the heavy hitter looming over all of the others, the Mega Bloks Halo UNSC Vulture, oh hell yes, I'll definitely be reviewing it, when it's finished, as of writing this I'm already an hour and 40 minutes in and I'm not even half way there, it's a brute.

After that we went for a meal, it was my granddad's 80th birthday, and everyone was there, even my sister, whose attendance was supposed to be a surprise before my nephew blew it, little fucker, but even then, it was a great night, unfortunately none of us got drunk, but we all had a lot of fun. Even when I was taking everyone's photo and a stranger offered to take a photo with me in it, I hated it, but I made sure to strike a nice sexy pose, and it got everyone smiling which was great for the photo, I love taking photos, but I hate being in them, fun fact about me. Also fun fact, the reason my nephew even had the chance to blow the surprise was because my dad and sister were an hour late due to a breakdown, and another fun fact, my sister's boyfriend eats like a pig, he had one of the biggest meals on the menu, and devoured it in the span of about 10 minutes, fat and all, and then he continued, eating everyone else's fat and finishing whatever they had left, not sure if I should have found it funny or been utterly horrified, but at least it was good food. All in all yesterday was a really fun day, and I had a huge amount of fun, spent a decent amount of money, and got some mushy family photos, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment