Saturday 28 November 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go Recharge review

Here's what you need to know; it's MAX's time to shine when an experimental Aurora generator goes wrong, and starts posing a very serious threat to Earth, one that only International Rescue have the ability to deal with, but things prove to be harder than they first thought.

Well, not going to lie, when the Thunderbirds Are Go YouTube channel put up a clip of this episode, I was immediately interested. In terms of the scenario this episode has a few similarities to Heavy Metal, an episode I enjoyed, only this time it's not a gravity well but rather an explosion that will trigger a geomagnetic reversal, which is basically when the Earth's magnetic field goes nuts. One key difference though is this episode's much smaller screen presence of Thunderbirds, now, normally I'd see this as a bit of a negative, since when this show tries something else it doesn't work as well, but here, while that is still the case, what is here is actually pretty good. It's something I've never seen this new series do, and that is address how the Tracy's are dealing with Jeff's 'accident'. Scott has a fairly good scene, and this kind of thing is something I feel this show needs more of, don't overdo it though. The bigger stuff is really cool, the scene where Thunderbird 1 tries to land by the generator is really cool, and I like the MAX stuff, particularly the finale and the scene where he nearly falls into a ravine. All in all this episode has some really cool scenes in particular, but there isn't really anything here I can complain about, I liked the more personal angle this episode takes and I had a lot of fun watching it, so yeah, I would recommend Recharge, worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment