Saturday 21 November 2015

Star Wars Battlefront first impressions

After I missed the beta for Star Wars Battlefront, I wasn't sure if I should or shouldn't buy the full game, but, like I usually do, I decided to do it. But, because of my great ability to procrastinate and fail to manage time, I haven't played it until today. I've now played about 5 hours of Battlefront, and now I will share my thoughts.

First up, EA, why do I need an account to play this game, just why? My friend found great enjoyment in watching me get more and more frustrated trying to just play this damned game. I don't even know what I signed up here, at what point will I use this thing again, actually come to think about it, it will probably be next time I buy an EA game won't it, when will that be though, Titanfall 2, probably. but yeah, I just don't understand the point of needing an EA account to play this game, what ever happened to just playing games, first mandatory installs and now time consuming and useless account setups, I just want to play the game. I eventually did play the game, and you know what, I had an absolute blast, something I'll say is how smooth my first few games have been, no network issues at all, I also played Blops 3 multiplayer for the first time today, and that game, good god the lag in one particular game, yet Battlefront, so far for me, has been almost flawless. carrying on with the technical, this game looks stunning, I know I say that a lot, but my god it really does, the Frostbite engine has never looked as good as it does here, and when I noticed on a desert map that sand particles were collecting on my gun, I really loved that, it was an awesome little detail, it's something to behold for sure. so far I've only played a few games, and I've only played 1 game mode, the team deathmatch mode, but I really enjoyed that game mode, and I got good at it too, my best game so far is 16:4, and my friend had a go and showed me up with a best of 22:8, while strangely enough my idiot nephew, who we allowed to have a go, got the highest kill streak out of any of us at 7 consecutive kills. the game is also really addictive to play, at least for me, but I really can see myself getting addicted to this game, which is something I haven't done in a while. now for something I did notice myself, when John Williams' score comes on this game sounds really great, because of course John Williams' Star Wars score is fantastic, but there are other times where the music just doesn't work as well, it's hard to explain, but when it isn't John Williams it's really noticeable and actually kind of bothersome. there next game mode I want to play is Fighter Squadron, then Walker Assault, but I do want to know if there's a game mode where you can play both on the ground and in air vehicles, I don't know if such a mode exists, and it will be disappointing if it doesn't, but I 'll still be having fun with this game, as I have done for the first few hours. so far then I'm actually loving Battlefront, I've only played 1 mode, but I currently really enjoy that mode, and I really want to play more, something I will do beyond a doubt, but for now, I really like Star Wars Battlefront.

No comments:

Post a Comment