Saturday 7 November 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go Relic review

Here's what you need to know; International Rescue is mobilized when they learn the decommissioned Shadow Alpha moon base and it's only inhabitant doctor Taylor, a close friend of Jeff Tracy, lie in the path of a deadly meteor shower.

Falling Skies was an ok episode, like I said in my review it was an episode that didn't go either way for me, neither good or bad, I much prefer episodes like Space Race, Skyhook, and Relic, I really enjoyed this episode. We'll start with something I really liked, the setting, the moon looked really cool in this episode, and the moon base was also pretty cool, even if a few little things didn't make sense to me, but you know, nit picks. Something I really liked was the scene when Scott was trying to land on the moon with his jet pack, and having some trouble thanks to the lesser gravity. Though I find it odd that Scott and Taylor didn't just get blasted out into space during a decompression. The episode also does a poor job of giving Taylor a reason to still be on the moon base, for sentimental reasons, really? I did however enjoy the back and forth with Taylor and Scott, what with Taylor being friends with Jeff, I thought a lot of it was kind of funny. Of course though, when shit hits the fan this episode is absolutely awesome, I made a joke about Dead Space while watching it, and was surprised at how right I was when they started shooting at incoming meteors with laser cannons, and I really enjoyed that entire sequence. I also really enjoyed the escape sequence when they're running on foot as meteors start hitting the base, and then as they escape by buggy later on. These 2 sequences are both a huge amount of fun, and they really make the episode. All in all I had a lot of fun with Relic, my only real issues are nit picks, and there were some really fun and cool moments, it's worth checking out for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment