Wednesday 2 December 2015

Thunderbirds The Uninvited review

Here's what you need to know; while returning to base from a mission, Thunderbird 1 is suddenly attacked and shot down, but Scott finds help in a pair of desert explorers. After returning to Tracy Island, International Rescue receive a distress call from the desert explorers, but what they find amongst the dunes is not what they were expecting.

So this episode, much like Terror in New York City, has a pretty nuts intro in which a Thunderbird gets shot down, while it's not the same level as the Thunderbird 2 crash, this crash is pretty cool and also pretty rough looking, it also sets up the mystery and adventure element I think works so well in this episode very well. let's get right to that shall we, this episode is big on the adventure aspect, as it spends a lot of time following the desert explorers in search of a lost pyramid, in there also lies a lot of the episode's funnier scenes, at least in my opinion, but when that trailer blows up I always crack up, it's so perfectly timed. The 2 bicker and ramble and it's pretty funny as they banter annoyingly at one another, and, while this is an episode I don't really want to spoil, one of them cracks, and there's a pretty intense scene with him and Scott which I really liked. The stuff with Scott I also very much liked, and the scenes with him and the rest of the team back on Tracy Island too. but now is when it gets tricky to review this episode without spoilers, but I'll say some things and try my best. First and what I find very amusing is the idea of how bat shit insane SJW's would go if they saw the bad guys in this episode, and heard them, I don't know if what they speak can even be called a language, but when Scott gets to the explorers he finds something that A makes very little sense and B is in my opinion stupidly cool, and their daring escape is one of the episode's highlights. All in all I really like this episode, it's got a great intro, a fun and adventurous story, and some funny characters, and it comes together in a really cool finale, and therefore I would highly recommend this episode, definitely worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment