Tuesday 17 November 2015

The Strain season 2 Fallen Light review

Spoilers for The Strain ahead.
Here's what you need to know; a bidding war is about to commence between Palmer and Abraham over the Lumen, but tensions are running high between Palmer and Eichhorst. Gus and Angel attempt  to break his former fellow inmates out of prison as recruits for Quinlan, and Eph may have to say goodbye to his son.
Who am I kidding, yes, the reason this review is nearly a week late is quite simply I'm a bone idle sod, with that in mind, Fallen Light, finally.

That last little bit there, I really hope Zach is going, because for most of this season he's really annoyed me, and now he may be going, at this point I'm open to the idea of Kelly getting him, because the amount of denial he has about Kelly is unreal, fortunately we don't get another annoying scene with him and Eph talking about Kelly, and I'm glad they may be getting rid of him. Meanwhile, it's cool to see Kent again, given that he died pretty early on in season 1, but the rest of the flashback story with Eph and Nora, and for that matter the Eph and Nora stuff in the present day, isn't very interesting, at least in my opinion, neither for that matter is the stuff with Dutch and Nikki, though I understand where they're coming from, Dutch in particular, what with the events of Dead End, but like I've already said, the drama element is the weakest element of this show. I do however really like the scene with Dutch and Fet, and it's yet another reason why I like Fet so much, he's just a good guy, and he's cool. I also really liked the prison break scene, Gus is awesome in this scene, and Angel is a badass, for about 10 seconds, but still, 10 badass seconds, and it has some brief vampire killing action, and that's always cool. To be honest I'm not all that interested in the Lumen, I'm much more interested in Feraldo's SSI and Eph's bio weapon, but at least things are finally going somewhere with the Lumen, because I was getting tired, I am however very much looking forward to the auction, Eichhorst and Abraham in the same room, that is something I want to see, because Eichhorst is, as ever, a great villain in this episode, he's just a creepy guy, and the scene with him, Palmer and Coco is great, and it makes me want to know what Palmer is planning, because I'm thinking he's planning something, no idea what, but we'll see. I'm also interested to see where Feraldo's story goes now, after the Mayor was murdered, but I think that should have happened a few episodes ago, because with just one episode to go there isn't really a clear suspect, and I think Fernando's SSI needed to face some adversity eventually, and not of the blood sucking kind, as cool as the battle for Red Hook was. All in all I'm excited to see the finale of season 2, this episode has some subplots that, like in the rest of season 2, kind of fall flat in the midst of more important stuff, but I'm pretty interested in where the story is going overall, and I enjoyed watching this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment