Saturday 21 November 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go Heist Society review

Here's what you need to know; following the incident at the Hadron Collider, professor Moffat, along with Penelope and Parker, are tasked with delivering a newly discovered particle to the GDF, but the Hood has other plans for that particle, and now International Rescue must step in stop is sinister plan.

this episode put an idea in my head, is it me, or is the second half of series 1 a lot faster than the first half, it's not a negative, in fact I don't even know if I'm right, but it's just a thought. really though a lot of things worked for me in this episode, for starters I liked the Hood's plan in this episode, and I liked the execution of the plan, with his completely subtle and inconspicuous ship and the demolition charges, though I still think the Hood's new disguises are a bit stupid, something I think the original did far better with the simple masks, rather than the holographic costumes he wears in this show, that part of the plan I didn't like so much. something else I really like is the use of models in this episode. weirdly I've been fine with Thunderbirds going CG for the most part, but one of my issues was the underutilisation of models, and this episode has more models, which I really like. this episode is also a good example of the more practical design of the redesigned Thunderbird equipment, with the lifting kits, something similar to gear that was used in Desperate Intruder. speaking of Desperate Intruder, something I felt could have been better in that episode is the showdown between the Hood and Thunderbird 4, the sequence where Penelope and Parker chase the Hood into the canyon in this episode is really what I had in mind, though still smaller than I think would really be great, that said, I did enjoy that sequence in this episode, right up to the end when the Hood yet again escapes in an escape pod, if Fireflash didn't burn me out on getting annoyed by his escape pod escapes, I would say it's really lazy and old at this point. All in all though I enjoyed this episode a good amount, I liked the Hood's plan, and I liked the scenario for International Rescue, as well as the rescue with the lifting kits, I have my issues, but nothing's perfect, and I'd recommend Heist Society.

1 comment: