Sunday 15 November 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go Breakdown review

Here's what you need to know; Virgil's birthday isn't going entirely his way when the rest of the team seem to have completely forgotten, now off to the arctic circle to rescue a trapped research team, but what he finds is something he didn't expect.

This is a somewhat interesting episode to me, what with the opening being a guy climbing up a tunnel of ice and walking through a blizzard repeatedly saying breakdown, really though the relevance of that word isn't entirely explained, it feels like it's said a few too many times. Surprisingly I found the subplot on Tracy island kind of cool, since they are a family, this is something they would probably do. Up in the arctic circle I really liked the pod explorer, at first I thought it looked a bit goofy, but I warmed to it, and it's pretty cool. At first I also didn't like the story with the trapped researchers, with one of them being really stubborn and unwilling to leave, but his reasoning is something I thought was kind of sweet, not cool or interesting mind you, just sweet, man, I've never  used that word in a review before. And as everything comes to a head and the ice shelf collapses I thought that too was very cool, because I like the destruction and I see this as an example of immediacy in action, in place of tension. All in all I liked this episode a surprising lot, it had a cool rescue situation that takes a likable turn, a cool rescue machine, a funny subplot on Tracy island, and a great finale, definitely worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment