Monday 9 November 2015

Xbox One backwards compatiblity list thoughts

tell me something Microsoft, why is Halo Reach in this image above, if it's not in this list of the first 104 games you'll be making playable on the Xbox One. Apparently Reach is coming in a future update, as well as Blops and all 3 Bioshocks, including 2, which is really weird, but I liked Bioshock 2, so that's cool by me. When I first heard that Xbox One would soon let you play 360 games I was, understandably, extremely excited, my head immediately flooded with the fun nostalgic memories of the 360, and what games I want to play again on the One; Dead Space, Red Dead, Far Cry 3, Halo Reach, even more obscure games like the Earth Defense Force series, Binary Domain and Serious Sam, something you may have noticed is that all the games I just listed are absent from this list. I'd have though that with Xbox still not taking ground against PlayStation, Xbox would have brought out some real heavy hitters in this first batch of games, so what do we have, to their credit there are a few cool games here, for instance all 4 Gears of War games, Mirror's Edge, Borderlands. But here's the issue I have, of all the games in that list, the ones I'm most excited for are Gears of War 3 and Doom, people can enjoy whatever they like, who am I to stop them, but when I look at this list I can't help but think about Games with Gold. Remember that? Everyone got really pumped about monthly free games for Gold members, but then the games started dropping and they were all just old or obsolete games, something that somehow managed to continue onto the One even with it's obviously smaller library of games, I feel the same with this list. Sure there's a few good ones in there, but then there's games like Golden Axe and Blood of the Werewolf and Defence Grid, don't get me wrong, I liked Defence Grid, and I'm sure there are people out there who like Golden Axe, but what the hell is Blood of the Werewolf? All in all I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest, sure it's great that this is even happening, Backwards Compatibility is awesome, but this list is a bit disappointing for me, I'm sure everyone will have their own opinions, but here are mine, and I really want my Red Dead, seriously Microsoft, where's Red Dead.

3 comments:

  1. Here's your answer to that question : http://www.bloodofthewerewolf.com/#!wolf/mainPage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_of_the_Werewolf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I did my research, I was making a joke about it being an obscure, mediocre game, and more importantly that it's on the list when games like Red Dead and Halo Reach are not, thanks for the answer though.

    ReplyDelete