Wednesday 28 October 2015

Thunderbirds Edge of Impact review

Here's what you need to know; The Hood has villainous plans for the experimental Red Arrow project, plans that put innocent people in danger, International Rescue is called into action after a sabotage, but they have to be careful, they have a guest.

I like this episode a lot more than Terror in New York City, even with the awesome crash sequence. This episode starts with a weapons test, which is always cool, and then we have Eyebrows himself getting hired to sabotage the Red Arrow, which we then see. I find it funny that the Hood could watch the launch of the Red Arrow, a secretive experimental jet, from the car park, but that scene is really cool, as the Red Arrow nose dives into a hanger. I really liked the story on Tracy Island in this episode, with Colonel Casey on the island, it's an interesting idea for Thunderbirds, and I think it's pretty funny when they try to hide the Thunderbird take off from Casey. At the danger zone things are pretty interesting, and I really like the situation, it's a very precarious situation. Though if I'm being completely honest the rescue itself is a bit lacklustre in my opinion, Thunderbirds has really cool machines, but in this episode we have a mortar cannon mounted on a golf cart looking thing. It bugs me that I know how I would change the rescue and I know that my change would probably make it a more fun rescue, that sounds big headed, I know, and it probably is. But that said, it doesn't take away from how cool the situation itself is, or how cool the story is with the Hood and Casey, however this episode does have a notable lack of tension in my opinion, and that isn't good. All in all, this episode lacks tension, and it has an underwhelming rescue, but aside from that it has a cool story with some really cool and some pretty funny scenes, and a very funny end for the Hood, and an interesting situation that I really liked, it's worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment