Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Strain season 2 Intruders review

Spoilers ahead for The Strain.
Here's what you need to know; Abraham and Palmer become locked in a bidding war for the Occido Lumen, and it gets messy, meanwhile Kelly, now with a more human face, continues her hunt for Zach, Eph moves forward with his plan to assassinate Palmer, and Quinlan hunts down and recruits Gus in his mission to kill the Master.

I'll get right to it, the cute French chick finally got sick of Palmer's secrecy, we're supposed to believe she's smart, well that was smart, if I was her I'd have never got involved with the creep, but hopefully she won't go back. As for Palmer, it's funny to see him get so annoyed by Eichhorst, as much as I'm supposed to hate him, I think Eichhorst is pretty cool. And he has a pretty grim scene when he taunts the Cardinal about becoming infected, though I must think about this, if he's fast enough to dodge a bullet, why didn't he just kill Abraham and Fet, I mean that would kind of upset the balance somewhat, but seriously, there was a chance, in fact, if infecting people let's the Master read minds, just infect them, I'm sure you (Eichhorst) can keep them alive long enough to turn. As for Abraham and Fet, both of them have some cool lines in this episode, well, lines, Fet's is just a noise, but they were really funny, and the noise one is yet another example of why Fet's one of my favourite characters. Now for my attack on Zach, because for the love of god, everyone around you is saying your mum's a vampire, you have literally had your face rubbed in the reality of the virus that you know your mum has, so what does he do, he see's his incredibly plastic looking mum in the window and opens the door and lets her in. I really mean plastic too, she looked like a sex doll, but back to the point, I'd have thought maybe after the church he'd snap out of his denial, but nope, he's still completely fucking stupid. at least he was smart enough to wipe up some blood, really I'm surprised he could do that. Now for the Quinlan, who is quickly becoming the thing in this show I'm most interested in, he's recruited Gus to fight the Master, on one hand, that's cool, maybe Gus will actually do something, but on the other hand, the last vampire to recruit Gus died a few episodes later, and I liked him too, I hope they don't kill off Quinlan, because he really is an interesting character.

Intruders has some good things in it; Quinlan, some funny back and forth with the characters, someone finally making a smart decision, but there's of course Zach, who has never been more stupid. That said there are some cool scenes in particular, like the checkpoint scene, and the Cardinal scene, all in all I liked this episode, it's worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment