Wednesday 21 October 2015

The Strain season 2 The Battle for Red Hook review

spoilers ahead for The Strain.
Here's what you need to know; with the location of their hideout discovered, Abraham fears another attack from the Vampires, he and the team join forces with Feraldo to defend Red Hook from the looming attack, but they have underestimated the vampires, severely.

Ok, this is more like it, I really enjoyed this episode. Lets get right to the grit, this episode is a battle, and it's a pretty fucking sweet battle, I do enjoy some vampire killing in this show, and this episode has it in spades. I really liked the battle itself in this episode, because it was something this show normally isn't, large scale. Usually the team is the primary focus of the show, and it sticks with them, but here we have a city taking up arms against an invading army or vampires, and it's awesome. Of course though the battle isn't everything in this episode, so we'll start with what I didn't like, pretty much everything with Dutch and her girlfriend, I just don't care. Meanwhile the stuff at the power station was pretty cool, even if it was pretty simple, turn the power back on. And Abraham and Eichhorst's encounter was also really cool, and I love how Eichhorst taunted Eph about Kelly and his past, and then about his choice of weapons. Eichhorst is really cool in this episode. Though I do have a few questions, for starters how was Abraham able to get onto the roof so fast, and more importantly, I know a few characters I like would be dead by now if this weren't the case, but why is it that when they're up against the grunt vampires they're all dead eye, never once missing, but when it comes to a higher up vampire like Eichhorst or Kelly they can't shoot for shit, at this point it's actually pretty funny. Overall this is a pretty short review, but I really liked this episode, I don't know if it's my favourite episode of The Strain so far, but it's a definite step up for season 2, and absolutely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment