Thursday 1 October 2015

The Strain season 2 Identity review

Spoilers ahead for The Strain.
Here's what you need to know, a mysterious new force is now in the fight against the Master, Eph and his new friends in Washington get to work on manufacturing his anti-vampire bio-weapon, but Kelly and her feelers are closer than ever to getting Zach. Gus is hanging with Angel, but now the two are at odds.
Yep, this review is late, promise this won't become the norm.

This episode has some really good shit in it, for example this new Vampire that's arrived to kill the Master, I really want to know more about him, and I want to see him in action, and I really liked the 2 scenes he was in, more so the one with the Ancients, I just hope they don't do what they did to Vaun to him and kill him off too soon. Speaking of killing people off, this episode actually had a fair few people killed off, 2 of which I don't remember ever seeing before, so they're in this episode, they're introduced in this episode, and they're killed off in this episode, well, that was eventful. I suppose them getting killed off is actually kind of a good thing, since Gus' story has really gone cold for me here, and the series doesn't need any more pointless subplots, though Eph's story in Washington has hit a bit of a dead end now, I don't know what will happen next. Lets get back to Gus, what is happening with Gus, he's hanging out with a retired wrestler who doesn't like him, he's flirting with a nice girl, but him and Angel are constantly butting heads because Angel doesn't approve of him, I've probably said this about The Strain before, but get to the point, I care about the war with the vampires, not Gus getting flirty, just get to the point, same with Angel, I just don't get it, get to the point. That scene in the church however, that could have been half the episode and I'd have enjoyed this episode a lot more, it was awesome, and they finally got somewhere with Kelly and her creepy fucking kid vampires. The church scene is probably the best part of the episode because for once the vampires were a threat again, they haven't really been a threat to any of the main characters for a while, I like seeing them as a threat again, and when you see the kid vampires scuttling up the stained glass, that was awesome, though personally, I wouldn't have just distracted them with the wardrobe, I'd have stuffed that thing with silver bombs and let them burn, would that have been hard, Nora, or was shooting them too difficult on it's own, seriously. That said, why did they kill Fitzwilliam, I mean, he finally decides to help Abraham, and an episode later he dies, I just don't know why they killed him off so quickly, from a story standpoint he's kind of significant, and now he's dead, great.

The loose threads are still loose, and some of the stories in the series have hit dead ends here, I liked the church scene, and I'm really interested in this new vampire that's out for the Master, but this episode wasn't one that really advanced anything, in fact it set a lot of things back, I can't say I didn't like the episode, but I can't say I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment