Saturday 31 October 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go Falling Skies review

Here's what you need to know; a Brains designed hotel is open for business, in space. What no one see's coming is a sabotage attempt that sends the hotel hurtling out of orbit. International Rescue flies in to save the day, but finds a sinister plan involving the Hood.

Well, here we go again. First off, the good, as ever this episode is pretty good looking, while the characters aren't up to the same bar as the Thunderbird machines, said machines look great, and it's still great to see these classic machines with the fancy new tech, I know I've said something like that a few times in the past, but I haven't seen this show in a few weeks, so it's worth saying again. Something more specific I sort of liked was the hotel itself, I think a hotel in space is completely cool. But, while I also think nano technology is also completely cool, this episode kind of lost me with the hotel being made entirely from nano bots that put themselves together in a week, as someone who really enjoys science, it's a bit dumb. However, this idea is a cool one, evacuating a hotel as it falls out of orbit, I think this large scale rescue operation is more like what IR would do in real life, in that I really like it, it's interesting. The evac is also pretty cool, I didn't know Thunderbird 3 had a cargo bay, or for that matter that Thunderbird 2 had a shower. Unfortunately this episode lacks the tension of classic Thunderbirds and the immediacy of this new series, at least in my opinion, it's just not as interesting as it should be when Kayo confronts the Hood and the hotel begins to burn on re entry. All in all this episode is very hit and miss for me, I like the hotel, I like the rescue, but the climactic finale lacks any sense of climaxity, the story is not as interesting as it should be, couple that with the nonsense about nano bots and you have an episode that doesn't really go either way, you won't be missing anything by not checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment