Wednesday 28 October 2015

The Strain season 2 The Assassin review

Spoilers for The Strain ahead.
Here's what you need to know; Eph and Dutch get ready to kill Palmer, while Palmer tries to win Coco back. Meanwhile Abraham gets closer to finding the Lumen. And things don't really go to plan for anybody.

Just like the Battle for Red Hook, I really liked this episode. And I'll cut to the chase, the assassination attempt was awesome, it was really intense and I love me some intense shit, and it was a really cool scene, though I got really worked up when I learned that he missed. He fucking missed. Part of me knew he would to be honest, I doubt The Strain will pull a Walking Dead and kill off a major character, which is something I'll go on about more later. But I really didn't want him to miss, I wanted to see Palmer die. If that wasn't bad enough he shot Coco, come on, why, why Coco. That said, now Palmer will have to tell her about the Master, which will be very interesting to watch. But what interests me more is why did the Master save her, I mean why would he go out of his way to save Palmer's girlfriend, surely it wasn't Palmer's threat to dissolve their partnership, I hope the reason they give isn't a shit one. Meanwhile the scene where Palmer confronts Eph in the jail was badass, it's just cool to have those 2 in the same room, and to see them talk. The stuff going on with Abraham however is less interesting, like many things in The Strain, the hunt for the Lumen is just this thing that keeps getting brought up but never goes anywhere, well in this episode it finally went somewhere, sort of. I feel like this routine is starting to get old with this show, a bold and cool new idea is thrown in, like Eph's bio weapon, and the Lumen, and there's a lot of talking about this thing but nothing is ever done, then when something is finally done, it goes wrong and it's back to square 1. And that happened again with the Lumen, Abraham finally found it, and after flicking through a few pages someone knocks him out and takes the Lumen, someone who's face you never see, maybe next week. Speaking of next week, holy shit the cliff hanger, it shows Dutch chained up in Eichhorst's dungeon. Now this I must see, since, like I said earlier, I doubt this show will kill off a main character, and I still think that applies here, but then again, maybe I'm wrong, and maybe yeah, Dutch is going to die, what would definitely shake things up. But I hope she doesn't get eaten by that German bastard, and I doubt she will, either way, I wanna see what happens next. All in all I liked this episode a great deal, it had a banger of an ending, and it's nice to see some plot points finally going somewhere, even if that somewhere isn't very far, worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment