Wednesday 9 December 2015

Just Cause 3 first impressions

well, a little bit of me knew I'd get Just Cause 3 at some point, in the same way I knew I'd end up picking up Destiny, only instead of 6 months later for £25, it was 1 week later for full price, what can I say, Just Cause 3 looked pretty fun, and wasn't getting really disappointed reviews, so I picked it up, and now I'll tell you what I think.

For starters, this is the game that's made me want that hard drive upgrade more than ever, god help me when 343 releases Forge mode because I literally have no space on my Xbox one, I had to uninstall a few games just to make room for this one, since it comes in at a modest 45gb or something like that. But I finally got down and played the game, and I will say right away, I haven't hit any of the technical issues that I've heard this game has so far, there was a hefty update before I could play it, so maybe they've fixed some problems in the week since release, but apart from the load times, I've only had slowdown once, and the game hasn't crashed on me yet, I've played about 3 hours of it so I'm sure that will change. That said, the load times, yes they're bad, but to be fair, I've seen worse, Fallout 4 for instance has longer load times than this, and this game, in my opinion, looks much better than Fallout 4, the graphics are really good here, given the size of the game and amount of chaos you can cause, the good presentation doesn't stop there, I really like the playable character, whose name I think is Rico, he's just a badass, and he, like the rest of the game, doesn't seem to take itself seriously at all, and all the characters get introduced in a really funny little pre title sequence, leading up to an absurd level were you stand on the roof of a plane firing rockets at anti air guns on the ground. Which leads me onto the chaos, so far I've had a fair bit of fun causing destruction, though it's not that I was expecting, to the game's credit, what I was expecting was more chaos, and I'm sure a few more hours playing will fix that. Really though that's what I can say about the whole game, I think I'll have more fun with it the more I play, the more vehicles and guns I get to play with, it feels like this game is one tank rampage away from being the best game I've ever played, I'm sure. But what I can say is so far a few missions have been cool, like liberating a town or destroying an outpost, you know, missions that involve a lot of chaos, but then there's a mission when you drive a scooter to a dock garage, it's as fun as it sounds, which is to say not very, I hope that the game has a wide range of missions, but I hope at least most of them are actually fun, not shitty scooter retrieval, the fun parts of that mission were when I got side tracked by a watchtower, and tore it apart with machine gun fire and grapple tethers, and when I failed by driving the scooter into the ocean. But so far I've enjoyed Just Cause 3, and I'll play more for sure and probably have more fun the more I play. A crap mission and long load times aside, I look forward to next time I Play Just Cause 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment