Wednesday 16 December 2015

Thunderbirds Operation Crash Dive review

Here's what you need to know; all Fireflash aircraft are grounded after one takes off from London International and vanishes without a trace. International Rescue listens in on the situation, and finds something rather interesting.

Well, this episode takes me back, it's so cool to see the Fireflash again, probably because of how much I adore the design of the Fireflash. And right away I'll get to something I'm not a huge fan of, the first Fireflash to go missing had 600 people on board, 600 people who are now dead I guess, in a show about people whose job it is to save lives, 600 is a bizarrely high number of dead to just sweep past in the story. I find it really odd that, especially given the events of Trapped in the Sky, International Rescue weren't called to at least aid in the search efforts, and I can't say I like that. What I can say I liked was the International rescue stuff, the rescue of the second missing Fireflash was pretty cool, though I don't get how cutting off the plane's engines magically makes it float. It's a shame I'm nit-picking so much, so while I'm at it, the sabotage reveal is a bit underwhelming, there's a saboteur on the plane, ok, who is he, who does he work for, why does he sabotage planes, how does he make his getaway after crippling the plane, the more relevant of those questions are just passively brushed off similarly to the death toll of the first missing Fireflash, but the mystery of the Fireflash's malfunctions as far more interesting than the reveal, hunt's sweeter than the kill I guess. On the subject of kill, this episode has some solid tension, not going to lie, there was some pretty elevating scenes in this episode, and they're great, in typical Thunderbirds fashion. And to me they make this episode enjoyable, as does the mystery up until the reveal, which along with a list of nit-picks, really brings this episode down, I'd still recommend it, for it's more tense scenes and the cool mystery, but this isn't Thunderbirds at it's strongest.

No comments:

Post a Comment