Saturday 26 December 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go Designated Driver review

Here's what you need to know; much to his misery, it's time for Alan to learn how to drive. But while him and Parker are out going through the fundamentals, Penelope and her aunt Sylvia get in a spot of bother at the manor.

This episode has 1 thing I like and 1 thing I liked at first, but found annoying as the episode went on. First off, the original FAB1 from the original series is in this episode, which is brilliant, it's cool to see it again and have the old and new side by side, and I still prefer the original design, no doubt at all. The other thing I liked was a pretty funny call back to the original show, but then they did it again, and it was less funny, then again, and it wasn't funny at all, just one would have been really funny, but instead they kill a pretty funny joke. And now for what I don't like, pretty much everything else. The robbers are idiots, and it's supposed to be funny, I laughed occasionally, but for the most part they're just stupid and it's not funny. Sylvia was also annoying, it's cute that she's Sylvia Anderson, the original Penelope, but her character just wasn't good, never shutting up about the damn tea, and she was stupid too, until you learn what she was really doing, and it was still stupid. The stuff with Penelope, Sylvia and the robbers was clearly meant to be funny, but it just wasn't. The car chase was amusing, not incredible, but kind of chuckle worthy. And then there's the Deus ex machina, a call back that at first I thought was a funny little detail, but then they completely ruined it by changing what it does, and making it into something that was, surprise surprise, really stupid. All in all I really didn't enjoy this episode, it had 1 call back I liked, 2 call backs I liked at first and then started hating, a guest appearance who's dumb and annoying, as well as 2 idiots who, like the car chase, produce mere occasional chuckles. I do not recommend this episode, it's not worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment