Saturday 4 July 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go Space Race review

Here's what you need to know; while on debris clearing duty, Thunderbird 3 comes across and accidentally activates a space mine. With only 30 minutes before the mine explodes, International rescue has to act fast to disarm it.

I really like this episode, I think it has a few flaws, but I still like it. first off, it's a fun story, with Alan in Thunderbird 3 constantly on the run and Penelope and Parker on the ground hunting down the kill code in a classified military archive. What really works is that the episode takes place over half an hour, which fits nicely with the shorter 20 minute run time of the newer series, you can call it cheap, but this episode's pacing is much better than Ring of Fire's. This episode is also more intense than Ring of Fire, specifically the finale and a scene where Alan must draw the mine away from a fleet of civilian ships. On the ground is a bit less cool, with Parker breaking into the archive to find the kill code playing out like a spoof spy film, with the added absurdity of  Parker climbing around and running along beams. That doesn't take away from how cool I found stuff with Alan and Thunderbird 3, and that's what I think of when I think of what I like in this episode. Ultimately my biggest gripe is the story on the ground not being as cool as the story in space.

This is a very good episode of Thunderbirds in my opinion. It has a cool and fun story, some good pacing, some good intense moments; it's a cool chase, and I had fun with this episode, and it's worth a watch if you're interested in Thunderbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment