Thursday 2 July 2015

Things things things

5 posts in a row about Batman, I think I need to break up the monotony with some idiocy, so here we have a picture of the current state of my chest of drawers, where my materialism is at it's strongest.
This display really says a lot about what I like; the only thing missing is Godzilla, and that's because he has his own display. This display also has some value to it. as I will explain.

Let's go from left to right. Bottom left we have 2 hot wheels Batmobiles, The 1960's batmobile and the Arkham Asylum batmobile, I think there is also Tim Burton and Arkham Knight batmobiles, so I keep an eye out for them. I like one more than the other for pretty blatant reasons, buts I still like them both. the problem with them is to stop them rolling off the drawers I have used tac, and it doesn't look very tidy. Above them and to the right of them we have Halo, mega bloks, McFarlane and Joy Ride figures and vehicles. at the bottom end we obviously have mega bloks. 2 Cortanas, 2 chiefs, an Arbiter, a Tartarus, a Didact, 1 Promethean Knight, a ghost with 1 elite zealot, a mongoose with 2 marines, a warthog with 2 Spartans, and finally a micro-fleet Falcon. Something I don't consider part of the halo section is the mini-figures on the black display stands, which are my reds and blues; I really love Red vs Blue, so I have a collection of halo mini-figures to represent them. And even though they're not actually RVB characters, they are still some of my favourite mini-figures, because to me, they are the red team and the blue team.

Above them we have McFarlane and Joy Ride. 1 Cortana, 1 Arbiter, 1 Promethean Knight, 1 Prophet of Truth, and the best part, 5 Master Chiefs. The 2 bigger Master Chiefs and the Prophet are Joy Ride, the company that originally made halo toys before going bust, the darker green Halo CE Chief is the oldest one there from 2003, and I actually have 2 of him; one unboxed, and another still in it's packaging. These Joy Ride figures are not only really cool, but they're pretty sort after by halo collectors, making them decently valuable. I got the 5 I own for £30 a pop. In there there is also a few other figures that ride solo; a NECA Bioshock Infinite Elizabeth figure, a little batman figure, a Gandalf figure, a LEGO Joker key chain, a Dalek, and finally a Nathan Hale figure from Resistance 2. Probably the least recognisable of all of them, along with Elizabeth, but of the solos he and the Dalek have probably the most sentimental value, since Resistance is possibly the Franchise that got me fully into gaming. and the Dalek is actually from my childhood, his name is Thay, and he's a member of the cult of Skaro. yep, like most kids that grew up in the 2000's I was mad for Doctor Who. 

I'm sure many things about my blog will tell you, the weekly reviews, the banner, the profile picture, the name, I am a bit of a Thunderbirds freak. So of course I have Thunderbirds toys. The Thunderbirds toys from the Powertech Tracy island and DX 2004 Tracy island, the Vivid Imaginations soundtech Thunderbird 1 and 3 and FAB 1, and of course the massive Thunderbird 2. these toys are my childhood, I've had them as long as I can remember and I haven't let them go. Damn good thing too, they're valuable as shit, these ones though probably not so much though; they do bare the scars of about 13 years of playing. I tried to design this display as best I could to represent my loves, my obsessions, and today I've bored you with a tour of it. don't worry, Arkham Origins review is coming soon, I just thought I'd break the chain.

1 comment:

  1. You needed your Minecraft figures here ;p

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU

    ReplyDelete