Tuesday 7 July 2015

other worldly interesting

There's a lot of debate as to the existence of aliens, and weather or not earth has been visited by beings from another world. I as it turns out have my own thoughts on the matter. There's a reason I used a photo of a Zealot from Halo, and that is I would love it if we lived in a galaxy of civilised, advanced beings. A problem with the Elites is that they are hyper religious, which is something that is definitely interesting and worth thinking about. I could do an entire ramble about the alien races in Halo, or for that matter religion, and it's relevance now vs. it's relevance long ago, but not now.

My point is the Elites are a very advanced race, having reverse engineered and mastered forerunner technology and having a culture of honour and hierarchy. This is the kind of Alien species I am more doubtful of the existence of. There are reasons for this, first, these aliens wouldn't come to Earth for any reason other than conquest. Let me use a simile; these really advanced aliens are like arse holes in the upper years, who only mess with the lower years when they want their lunch money. We are primitive compared to these aliens, so we would have nothing to offer them, alternatively, earth is rich with resources, resources these aliens would like to steal, and the simple explanation of my doubts is we haven't been invaded yet. A simpler reason is if they didn't want to steal our resources, we would still have nothing to offer them, so why would they bother.

While I don't completely rule out the existence of advanced alien life, It's more likely that aliens more like us or below exist, beings that are civilised, but haven't mastered such a technology as interplanetary or intergalactic travel. Or beings of a world that hasn't yet evolved with civilised life, similar to when earth was ruled by dinosaurs. the last alternative is simply an early earth scenario, where life hasn't even climbed out of the sea yet. These alternatives are more likely, given, again, that we haven't been invaded by a higher life form. Also, bare in mind that under certain conditions, evolution of other worlds would go a similar way to evolution on earth. Thing is that, like the circumstances that created life, that is very hard to find naturally, but my logic is simply that it happened once, and in an ever growing universe with trillions of planets, it is just impossible to me that the circumstance couldn't repeat.

I might do more rambles, specifically on religion and the aliens from halo. Though I think the religion one would be more interesting, and I hope my thoughts on alien life were interesting. Any other topics of debate anyone wants my thoughts on, do ask. Because I like going on these rambles.

No comments:

Post a Comment