Saturday 11 July 2015

There was booze

I guess it's yesterday now, but my mum and dad held another one of their annual house parties. And now, with a room full of children next door, my drunk dad stumbling around the landing and L out cold on my floor breathing like a zombie from Walking Dead, I write.

It started as one would expect, me and dad rushing to put up the gazebo and set everything up outside, while mum slaved away in the kitchen rushing to get all the food ready. After a week of short bursts of cleaning in my room, the place was finally ready, and I did get some guests seeing my room for the first time, as much as I want to feel a bit dumb because of it,  I do enjoy the look on their faces when they see it. R was the first guest to arrive, he stayed about 2 and a half hours, he's not that good with large groups of people, especially people he's never met before, so I'm really proud of him. As more people showed up the house got very packed. But rather than doing anything practical I just hovered around the densest hubs of people; under the gazebo in the kitchen, often getting involved in conversations, and making sure that my contributions to the music selection got the most air time. It's not like anyone other than sister's boyfriend was complaining, the guests were particularly fond of the Guardians of the Galaxy mix tape, not so much the Frank Sinatra.

Past a point I just retired to my room and waited for Dad to come around giving the tour, meanwhile I pissed away time on Arkham Knight. At this point was when the party atmosphere changed; less people were here, the conversations were much more subdued, I was getting frequent guests from the kid infested living room watching me play Batman. And L had his head in a toilet, he hasn't said how many drinks he had, I really doubt he even knows, but he does know he had Sambuca, whatever the cause, he was in a bad way for easily an hour. Now it's 4 in the morning, I'm probably the only one still awake, and even then barely. I think though that last night went well, I got to be a little extravert for a few hours, and even if L is hungover on my bedroom floor, I think most people had fun, so success. I think I'll leave mum and dad to do clean up on their own, I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment