Sunday 12 July 2015

Batman V Superman comic con trailer thoughts

So, for the more observant readers, I like Batman, quite a bit. Superman on the other hand, I'm not really that fussed. But after the 2 trailers I've seen for Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice, I am sold, this movie looks awesome.
 
The trailer opens with Superman answering for the destruction he caused in Man of Steel, which from what I've heard is a big part of this film. We saw this in the first trailer; the people of earth not sure what to make of Superman; is he a hero or is he a threat? I think this is a really good angle to look at Superman from, it's just realistic that humans would feel a bit on edge about a being with the might of a god living among them. It shows some of the destruction, but from Bruce Wayne's perspective, since we learn that a Wayne building was destroyed in the fight between Superman and Zod, which now gives Batman a reason to hate Superman. It looks like this film will focus on both heroes, since this trailer has a lot of Clark Kent and a lot of Bruce Wayne, that is something they should be careful with, because they run the risk of either having stretched out characters or making a really bloated film, this is however a risk I feel they need to take, because they're both heroes, being biased to one or the other won't make as fair a fight. Something I'm certain will be stretched is Wonder Woman; she's hardly the same level of well known as Batman or Superman, meaning many people, myself included, who don't read the comics, will be unfamiliar with the character. Her relatively minimal presence in this trailer makes me think her presence in the film will also be minimal, I really think Warner brothers should have held back with Wonder Woman and given her her own film first.
 
Something I have mixed feelings about is that this trailer shows the Wayne murder. Obviously this will tie into what Bruce was saying about the good people in Gotham, and be used to flesh out his character. The problem I have is that everyone already knows what happened to Bruce's parents, and how that motivated him to become Batman. That's an  example of what I'm worried will  bloat the film, but maybe I'm wrong, and the Wayne murder will have a more important role.
 
I tell you what I did find awesome, this image...
This has to be Jason Todd's Robin suit, I get that from the fact that it's a Robin suit, and of course the green "HAHAHA Joke's on you BATMAN" painted onto it. This is no doubt going to be used to motivate Bruce, but I think this has more significance than that, probably because of Arkham Knight. This makes me really hope that Jared Leto will be a good Joker, because I love this image, and I really hope the guy behind it is every bit as awesome as the Jokers before him, it  would be really disappointing if he wasn't. on the subject of villains, I really don't know what to make of Lex Luthor, though I do now understand why people were pissed about the Jesse Eisenberg casting, he's not very frightening, and I know he plays a big part in the film, but this trailer gives very little in that regard, which is a good thing. I am completely fine with secrecy in films, lets hope this film doesn't do a Terminator Genisys and get completely ruined by the trailers.

 So yeah, I am looking forward to this movie. It looks like it's going to be awesome, it looks very character driven, which is only bad if it's done wrong, and it does as a result run the risk of being bloated, but my hopes are high that they can avoid that, and I want to see God vs Man, who the hell doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment