Saturday 12 September 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go Heavy Metal review

Here's What you need to know; experiments at a Hadron collider to very wrong when a firing generates a gravity well that starts ripping things out of the sky, with the threat growing larger by the minute, International Rescue has to work fast to save the day.
Again, I did review this episode when it first aired, but I will review it again.

I think I said something along these lines in my first review, but Heavy Metal is a very sciency episode, I don't know anything about particle physics, so I can't say how accurate it is, but it's cool that it at least doesn't dumb itself down for kids, and it makes for some cool scenes, particularly one with Thunderbird 1 and an airliner, the scenario of this episode is just cool, and I can't think off the top of my head any other time when the Thunderbirds had to tackle something like a gravity well, It's certainly a cool idea, and it works. Some things I'm less fond of, for starters there's a sub plot with Brains, it's kind of cute, but it doesn't really feel necessary, also, I know I brought this up in my first review, but Alan is obsessed with the Hood, seriously, anything goes wrong, it's the Hood. One of my biggest criticisms of this series as a whole is the excessive presence of the Hood, and Alan doesn't help. Finally, I think their solution to the situation was a bit out there, while I find it less dumb than when it first aired, I still think it's a bit dumb. That said, I still think this is a fun episode, I like the sciency aspect, and I particularly like the scene with Thunderbird 1 and the airliner, a few criticisms aside, this is still a fun little watch.

1 comment:

  1. https://twitter.com/DisneyInfinity?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

    This is interesting.

    ReplyDelete