Monday 28 September 2015

I saw the end, it was glorious.

If I was normal last night would have been a normal night, but last night wasn't a normal night, last night was an eclipse, one that I sat out there freezing my arse off for 4 hours to see. Not joking about the freezing by the way, it was cold, and because I'm stupid I didn't check the lens, which had condensation on it, fortunately I wiped the lens before the peak of the eclipse, and I hope I got some decent photos. Lunar eclipses are when the Sun, Earth and Moon are all aligned and the Moon is completely covered by the Earth's shadow, interestingly though it doesn't completely disappear, it turns red. this is because sunlight refracts through the Earth's atmosphere, shorter wavelengths are scattered in the atmosphere, leaving only longer wavelengths, and thus the moon turns red. These photos are a bit naff, it was much better to see it than to look at these photos, but here they are. I don't care how cold it was, it was beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment