Tuesday 8 September 2015

This may well have been a bad idea

 So today I took the plunge once again, this time not for metal Star Wars ships, but as you can see, a Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper. Just like with the metal ships last week, I'm not going to do a full review of these guys, to be honest I don't think there's much to say about them. Lets start with the good, I think the sculpt is decent, that's not saying much for the Stormtrooper, but Vader looks pretty cool with the sculpt, particularly the helmet, torso and arms. Darth Vader also has a good quality of paint on him, pretty much entirely on the torso, but it's very good little detail, the same could also be said of the Stormtrooper's helmet and the figures' accessories, a blaster and a Light Sabre. So far from a visual standpoint these figures are doing very well, now is when we move onto the dark side of them. Vader's cape is made of fabric, this isn't the bad thing, the bad thing is that his cape is crap, the fabric is creased and see-trough, it's also too big, and it just looks ugly. It's not as noticeable when you're looking at the figure as a whole, but it's still there. And now we move on to the articulation, which is crap, each figure has 5 points of articulation, swivel on the shoulders, legs and head, that's it. I like putting my figures in dynamic poses, thus articulation is important to me, Darth Vader's idle pose is fine to me, but the Stormtrooper is a massive disappointment, he's a soldier, and I can't pose him, I'll probably be getting more Star Wars figures in the coming years, and this Stormtrooper will be replaced, it's a shame, because I like the way the Stormtrooper looks. Not going to lie, these Star Wars figures aren't brilliant, at least not in my opinion, I'll be getting better figures in the future, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment