Saturday 9 January 2016

Thunderbirds Are Go Touch And Go review

Here's what you need to know; International rescue has it's work cut out when air traffic control across America goes dark, stranding thousands of planes in the air with no means of a safe landing. Meanwhile Kayo is on the hunt for the only man who could be behind such an event; the Hood.

This episode surprised me right away then it shows Kayo in a chase flying Thunderbird S, we've not really seen Thunderbird S since Ring Of Fire, and never in action, but here it is, and I really like Thunderbird S, it looks cool, and in this episode we see it's cockpit drop down and turn into a bike, and it land on vertical surfaces like an insect, as well as see it's new take off sequence, which is cool. We also see more of Kayo in this episode, which I think is good, as her relation to the Hood and her ability in combat has potential to be really entertaining, and this episode pretty much proves that. I really like the scenes near the end with Kayo and the Hood, and I like the new element that they finally added which is the fact that Kayo is the Hood's niece, this is something that I've wanted to see addressed for a while in this series, and I finally see it, will it be addressed again, probably not for a while, but I liked it here. I also liked how this episode addresses that International Rescue's pacifism might not be an adequate approach to some of the issues they have to deal with, this is something the original series did really well, but them shooting and killing the bad guys like they did in the 1960's isn't very kid friendly I guess, but that's another ramble for another time. If you want something that's less subtle, this episode has some really cool Thunderbirds action too, with Scott and Virgil trying to save a crippled cargo plane, and it all comes to a head in a literal cliffhanger which for some reason reminded me of The Lost World. All in all I really liked this episode, it had a lot of what I've come to love about this new series in the cargo plane rescue as well as some long overdue Hood and Kayo stuff that I loved, plus we finally see Thunderbird S in action, and now I want Vivid to make a Thunderbird S toy, definitely worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment