Saturday 2 January 2016

Thunderbirds Are Go Chain of Command review

Here's what you need to know; International Rescue have found themselves in big trouble after their new GDF oversight grounds them. But this new management isn't all that he appears, and now International Rescue must defy the chain of command to save lives.

This episode starts in a very likable fashion with a bridge rescue that doesn't go to plan, I really like this, given how boring I found Designated Driver, this episode starts with Thunderbirds right out of the gate. Then we are introduced to the new oversight, I suppose it's a kids show, so I really want to be fine with the fact he smells so strongly of sinister intentions. Yes the Hood is involved in this sinister intent, but I like how for once, he's not the forefront of International Rescue's problems, and I love what the Hood says to whatever his name was in the jail cell, that's more like the Hood I wanted to see in this series. I also love the specific moment then the GDF transports surround Thunderbird 2, that was cool. It does bug me though, that, even though it's a kids show, I feel this episode is a little preachy with regards to doing the right thing, it's a good sentiment, but more subtlety would have been an improvement. While it is brief, I love seeing more of the Mole, and for some reason I liked the mole a lot more in this episode than the last time I remember seeing it in Crosscut, it was just cool to see the mole. All in all I enjoyed this episode far more than last week, it was more exciting, actually had Thunderbirds in it, and had a more interesting story with a more sinister bad guy, it was in my opinion a bit preachy, but other than that I really like this episode, worth a watch for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment