Thursday 20 August 2015

from small beginnings

And to think my blu-ray collection was once Pacific Rim on it's own with my Xbox One games, now look at it, my has it grown. Yes, this is absolutely bragging, but this morning I got 5 new blu-rays, so I put them all together and just had to take a picture. This is obviously not a collection of masterpieces, these are films that I either like very much or thought looked interesting when I bought them, minus the anomaly, but we'll get to that.

From left to right on the top row we have Paddington, a kids film that I went to see in cinemas on a whim, and fell in love with. A film that we went to see because Transformers 4 was getting poor reviews; Planet of the Apes, no regrets there. Edge of Tomorrow, a film I bought on blu-ray on a whim, again, no regrets, it's awesome. Godzilla, I feel I don't need to explain. Guardians of the Galaxy, as someone who isn't really fussed about the Marvel movies, I bought this on a whim, you'll be seeing that word a lot; whim. Halo Nightfall, I like Halo, but oddly I hadn't seen Halo Nightfall, probably because Halo Channel and Halo Network both suck and I couldn't watch it, or play MCC online, or Halo 4 campaign, or Halo 5 beta, hey 343 Industries, fuck you. Here are 2 of the new ones, Inception, my personal favourite Nolan film, and Man of Steel, because I guess I'm one of the weirdo's that thinks it's an alright film. On the second  row we have another new one, Mission Impossible 3, since I plan to get all of them on Blu-ray after really liking Rogue Nation, I'm no 3/5's of the way there, another one I bought on a whim when I saw it really. My first Bly-ray, Pacific Rim, it has a story behind it, but I'd rather not talk about it. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, an anomaly for sure, and looking back, I don't really know why I bought it, not that it's a bad film. Less anomalous, we have Skyfall, a film that is just awesome. Source Code, you may not have heard of Source Code, and if I told you what it was about you'd probably lose interest, but it really is worth watching. The J.J. Abrams Star Treks, 2 films I love, and I'm not all that much for Star Trek, it's just that these movies are cool as shit. And of course, The Dark Knight, my second favourite Nolan film, funnily enough though, this was bought on a whim at a car boot, I was going to get it o Blu-ray anyway, but I didn't expect to get it on a car bot.

Another pair of films I think are alright, The Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2. My film studies teacher won't be surprised that I got 3:10 to Yuma on Blu-ray, not only did I  like it more than the original, I fell in love with it. Kingsman, a film that had the misfortune of coming out in the same week as Fifty Shades of Dogshit, yet still kicked ass at the box office, pun intended. Oculus, a film I haven't actually watched, but to get the 5 for £30 deal on Blu-rays, you need 5 Blu-rays, Oculus it is. Olympus Has Fallen, a film me and a friend watched only recently, and after joking about the bad CGI a lot, we did genuinely enjoy the film. the 2 last new ones, Mission Impossible 1 and 2, it's been so long, last time I saw either of them it was on VHS. Pan's Labyrinth, it's Guillermo del Toro, so yeah, I think it's cool. Run All Night, while not a masterpiece, read my review, it's still a fun movie. Under The Skin, one day me and my friends are going to join forces and, just like with Fight Club, analyse the shit out of it, that reminds me, Fight Club. And finally, the Cornetto trilogy, 3 films that are just awesome, while Shaun of the Dead hasn't aged terribly well in my opinion, there's of course Hot Fuzz, an finally The World's End, everyone else in my family thinks it's crap, and I may not be any kind of Arbiter of films, but they are wrong, objectively wrong, The World's End is in fact my favourite of the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment