Saturday 22 August 2015

From the Pit

today I went back down to 'the pit'. Unfortunately I didn't find anything about it online, I'm still banking on mine though, having gone inside and taken a peek, and over 100 photos. Inside was very interesting, the part of the building I was able to get into was divided into 2 rooms; one that was empty and showed signs of a fire, and another that had an elevated platform in the centre and a tree growing out of the floor. I'm guessing the room with the platform was some kind of engine room, again, assuming it's a mine, around the platform was a moat of rubble, old beer cans and bottles and thick weeds. There was a larger room around the back of the building, but I couldn't get to it, one door was blocked off with barbed wire and the other was just a blockade of weeds and nettles. Speaking of nettles, while I was there I noticed that clouds of spores were rising up out of the plants, I'd never seen it before and I looked awesome, but I couldn't take a photo, as much as I wish I could. These nettles were between me and what I'm guessing  is the tunnel entrance, I couldn't tell because it's either been sealed up or flooded, the whole building was under at least a foot of stagnant black water, I threw in a rock to try and see how deep it was, it didn't tell me much, a stick would have been more useful but I couldn't reach it anyway. That's enough babble about the pit though. I plan to go back there in the winter, and do more digging to try and find out more about it. in the meantime, the fruits:




No comments:

Post a Comment