Thursday 10 March 2016

More on Ghostbusters

So, it's been a week, and the numbers are in, it's pretty damn apparent that the horrid, evil, slimy, sexist, misogynist shit lords like myself have come out on top, just look at that like/dislike ratio. I do genuinely love the response this trailer has got, what with the majority of people saying it looks like garbage, the Feminists saying all those people are sexist, and the Intersectionals declaring that this new Ghostbusters film is racist, it's nice to see a diversity of ideas, but my opinion still stands, I think that this film looks awful, and my opinion won't change until I see it and it's actually good, or if they release a trailer that changes my mind.


Well would you look at that, they released a second trailer, and that like/dislike ratio doesn't look any better, though obviously we're dealing with smaller numbers given this trailer's newness. so, let's see, will this trailer be an improvement, will it change at least my mind. First off it's nice to see that little tweak at the beginning with the 4 scientists saving the world thing, I'll get back to that. For the most part this trailer starts off about the same as the last one, with Wiig getting puked on by a ghost, but the 2 trailers deviate from that point pretty much. The problem still stands however that the film just doesn't look funny, the jokes they kept from the old trailer still aren't funny, and the new ones are somehow even worse. Oh how funny, Wiig can't open a door, oh look, no one will catch Jones when she goes for the crowd surf, and I quote, "Ok, I don't know if it was a race thing or a lady thing, but I'm mad as hell," you know, I was trying to avoid thinking that this film is actually trying to push a political message, but I guess I was wrong, clearly our new friend Mr Feig is making this film not from a place of love for Ghostbusters, but from a place of needing to push his precious agenda, why? Did he see what happened to Joss Whedon when he put the art of cinema before his agenda, is he scared his fellow cultists will attack and harass you like they did him, come to think about it that's actually a pretty valid reason, until the Intersectionals show up and he realises he will never win. Also, Feig, another suggestion that this film is more about your politics than it is Ghostbusters, you say you wanted the funniest people you know, if so, why are all 4 of them women, it's a strange thing that you wanted 4 funny people and all 4 of them happened to be women for no real reason, it's even more interesting that you think people critical of this film are misogynists, I'm sure there's no coincidence here. I feel also about that Leslie Jones line that this trailer is less of a trailer and more of an attempt to mitigate the damage from last week's trailer, like that line is addressing the bozo Intersectionals. the intro caption was changed to 4 friends instead of 4 scientists, at least they did some research and learned that only 3 of them were scientists, but here's what I love, this is a completely new story with completely new characters, so why are they bringing up the original film, when those events never happened in  this film. Simple, the same reason they're still using the soft piano Ghostbusters theme, to pull at your nostalgia to try and get you on board. When out snagging my Hanley haul me and a friend discussed this film's audience, and it basically doesn't have one, people who like comedies won't see it because it doesn't look funny, people who like Ghostbusters won't see it because it's bastardising something they love, and the chick flick market won't see it because it's sci fi, it's a guy movie. Who remains then, the feminists and SJW's who have rallied to your side like the good little drones they are, they won't like it because, like I said earlier, you will never make them happy, they will always find a problem. Which ironically did make me laugh when Chris Hemsworth showed up and Wiig gave him the job because he's hot, because there's hell to pay for sexually objectifying a woman, but a man, no issue, it's funny, really consistent and not at all hypocritical of you. back to my previous point however, this film has no audience, so will it do well at the box office, I can't say no because I can't see the future, but on a hunch, it's chances don't look good.

In the past week, the bloodbath that has been the response to the first trailer has been very funny to watch, certainly funnier than the trailer itself, but now, with this new trailer, they have not improved anything, this film still doesn't look good, in fact this new trailer makes it look even worse. I didn't even mention that bit at the end with the boob ghost drawing, well done, a joke like that might make a year 5 or 6 class laugh, but that just wasn't funny, that plus the Hemsworth hypocrisy and the stupid Leslie Jones line really tips it for me, this is a worse trailer, well done.

*Addendum
Just throwing one of these in, I found another upload of the International trailer on a Sony channel, I thought I'd put these different numbers here, given how this upload has more traffic and a response that is still no better.

No comments:

Post a Comment