Tuesday 8 March 2016

Lego Star Wars Rey's Speeder set

A considerably smaller set than the Falcon, this one took me only 20 minutes, that's £1 per minute, still, it comes with 2 mini figures and a bike, so let's check it out.

As usual I'll start with the vehicle, which is Rey's speeder bike from the Force Awakens, and it looks really cool, I had less fun building this thing than I did the Falcon, but I'm happy with the look of the outcome, with a nice rust colour on the body of the bike, and a fun design overall with the use of parts, 2 such cool uses are grid plates on the top and front, not visible in the picture, but they're cool. the bulky shape of the set just does it for me though, normally I like more intricate designs with my Lego and Mega Bloks, but here I just like the simple box shape of it, along with the engines on the back, which interestingly incorporates some playability into the set. by turning the rear engine, you can open the body on both sides, exposing a very tight space containing what I assume to be a storage chest and the sled she uses once in the movie when going down the sand dune, really I don't know why they included it, it's not something I take issue with, I just find it strange. the Bike also includes 2 stud shooters, one on either side, not very movie accurate from what I remember but cool none the less, and visibly along the left side it has storage for Rey's staff, which I love having, and some other junk that I guess they needed to fill space with, like the sled, I don't take issue, I just don't know why they included it, especially given that, when I think about it, I prefer the look from the clutter free right side. the figures included in this set are hit and miss, while I like the new head piece they put on Rey, underneath it's an identical figure to the one included in the Falcon, just with a bag, which is a nice touch, the head piece is pretty nice though, so I like having a duplicate Rey with the head piece and bag. The other figure on the other hand is less interesting, an Unkar Thug with a crowbar, while the print on him is very well done, he's just another troop in the army as I call figures I have no real place for, again though ,I do very much like the print, I'm just not fussed about the figure overall. All in all I very much like this set, it comes with a duplicate Rey from the Falcon set, but with some awesome accessories including that damned staff, and a thug which I remain indifferent to while still liking the print on him. but the highlight of the set is the awesome looking speeder, which has a cool design, a very nice look with the shape and colour, and some playability to boot, I like this set a lot and would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment