Saturday 23 April 2016

The Bells are blueing

It's about that time of year again, so I went down to my local bluebell wood to see, and take pictures, of the first signs of the coming summer, by which I speak of the explosion of green and the blooming of Bluebells absolutely everywhere. It was an interesting walk for sure, I met a couple of fellow snappers, one of which I met about 6 times as the path circles back on itself a few times, and my favourite bit, I met the County Fungus Association, which is every bit as riveting as it sounds, it was a group of old people gathered around a fallen tree, cutting out mushrooms and staring at them through magnifying glasses, it was cute, it that weird, sad kind of way. And I took a few pretty nice photos, not nice says me, but rather my fellow snappers, who took the photos quite positively. The Bluebells aren't at their bluest yet, but they're still pretty blue, and I got a few decent shots of them, but there were a few types of flowers scattered round the place, and mushrooms, including a bunch of white ones I also took some photos of. And the strangest thing I took photos of, and the strangest thing I found in the wood besides the County Fungus Association and a storm drain I nearly broke my neck trying to get close to, a bunch of streams and puddles where the water is bright orange, they've always been there, but this year there's far more of them and they are much, much more orange, I don't actually know what causes it, but it makes for some colourful photos, enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment