Tuesday 5 April 2016

Lego Star Wars Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor set

A little set that, like many of it's size and price, about £20, took about 20 minutes to build, and it was, to be fair, an interesting build, to let's go. First up, oddly, the minifigures, a younger ginger Obi Wan from the prequels, and I must confess, I have yet to see the prequels, fortunately that means I have dodged a bullet, if word of mouth is anything to go on, and I can look at this figure as a figure, and I think he looks cool. I like the simpler torso print, still being a pretty cool, and getting the look of robes right. Minus the headset on his head print, I like the head print too, and it goes well with that very orange hair piece. It does bother me though that there's a headset on the print, yes he comes with a jet, so reasonably he would have a headset, but I personally see it as a detail the figure would have benefited from if they skipped it. the Droid figure is pretty cut and dry, being the same figure as the R2D2 in the escape pod set I reviewed a few weeks back, and therefore the same R2 unit Lego has always done, but with a different colour, one more matching of the Droid the wiki says Obi Wan has in the Prequels, again, to my shame. I personally like this little gal more than the Obi Wan figure, perhaps purely because it's a droid, and I like the droid figures, and I like the crimson colours on her. much like I love the crimson colours on the interceptor itself, the colour, as well as the exposed studs gives this set enough intricacy to be passable for looks without stickers, of which this set includes a few. and I really like the design of the wings on the Interceptor, me quite liking the look of the racers from the Wipeout series, it really reminds me of that futuristic, antigravity racer design, which is what I thought when I first saw it, and it's what I think now. thankfully, the cockpit also is a printed piece, and there is room inside for 1 minifigure to boot. in addition to that, this set has firing string missiles, that at pretty well hidden away on either side of the cockpit, while still not being blocked or obscured, I know, I shot myself in the face with one after taking the above photo.

All in all I very much like the design, colour and look of the Interceptor itself, and I like the playability that it comes with, cockpit with seat and missiles. And while I'm less liking of the minifigures, I still have no major issues with either of them, aside from the headset print. similar to the escape pod set, I fell this set may be redundant for many people, myself included oddly given how I haven't seen the prequels, but I like the design and look of the jet too much to say that, this set ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment