Wednesday 24 January 2018

A winter wasteland

 My camera and I had a busy few days over the weekend; first we went to a birthday party and took a few hundred grainy, dark photos of drunk people, I'll be honest, that wasn't the most fun thing I've ever done with a camera, but the party people seemed to like them, and I got video of my drunk sister dancing to Dua Lipa's New Rules, which is about as funny as it is awkward. Fortunately my camera had a far more exciting mission the following day, when we had to take my sister back to Uni, which meant driving to Huddersfield, again. As is only right, I insisted that we drive over the Moor again, as I'd packed my camera again and we could see that the moor was covered in snow, and to my surprise, we actually did end up driving over the Moor, and it was awesome. Honestly, these will probably be the best photos I'll take in 2018, and trudging through snow, eyeing rolling snow covered hills and a gorgeous sunset through the lens of a DSLR camera, is just on another level of euphoria to being surrounded by drunk strangers, though that's just me. And as I sometimes do, I went a bit cuckoo on my free photo editor of choice, and created a few hyper saturated abominations that make the sky look like it's on fire, but it never hurts to have fun, unless you're a sadomasochist.

No comments:

Post a Comment