Sunday 2 October 2016

Off to the Blackpools

Among the 15000 (ballpark numbers) photos I've taken since my departure, are about 900 from the lovely little seaside town of Blackpool. I'll be honest, I don't see why so many people like Blackpool; the beach is vile, or at least it was when I went, the water was brown, and the famous illuminations are just meh. Not to mention to fantastically British weather we had on the day, it was cloudy and windy for most of the day, luckily the rain didn't start until it went dark. Point made about Blackpool I think, the overall lack of buzz didn't stop me from spending a probably unhealthy amount of my wages, buying a selfie stick of all things, which made me feel like a right mug when I gave it a try, enough Top Gear DVDs to keep me going for weeks, good Top Gear though, pre Chris Evans, and of course, because taking photos is what I do when I'm not eating, sleeping, working or playing Xbox, I took photos, 900 of them. Here's a little selection of said photos, enjoy.
It was a dull morning, I was on a dull beach, and I figured I'd take a dull photo. This photo has been edited, cropped and de saturated, and might be my personal favourite from the day. 

A gull coming in for the attack, one of a cluster of about 300 photos, all of which of Seagulls, because I'm so damn interesting. This photo has had the usual touchup, slight tweaks to the colour and contrast.

As has this photo, only a minor edit, a photo of the admittedly impressive Blackpool tower, looming over a building that looks like it was stolen from the Empire of Japan.

Whereas this photo has not been edited, no need to modify the colour or contrast, it's already deep enough, my new favourite camera trick of shutter drag, deployed on a tram.

Usual minor touchups on one of the last photos I took that day, of the lacklustre illuminations, still, could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment